2024 Coin talk - Acquired from London Ancient Coins, January 2021. A small issue of quadrantes dated COS VIII were struck for Titus sometime in 80 or 81. The modius/ S C laurel wreath type copies the famous quadrans struck under Claudius. Although the frequency rating in RIC is 'common', this denomination for Titus is actually fairly …

Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > US Coins Forum. This forum dedicated to the discussion of United States Coins. Page 2 of 2295 < Prev 1 .... Coin talk

ANACS senior numismatist Michael Fahey said graders relied on the 40 percent silver 1971-D coin’s specific gravity in making the silver-copper clad determination. The coin’s specific gravity is 9.5, close to the standard 9.53 for silver-copper clad, with a weight of 11.44 grams, within tolerance of the U.S. Mint …There’s a lot of history and personality in those coins. I would start with the emperors that are easiest/cheapest in good quality: Gordian III, Severus Alexander, Maximinus I, Caracalla, Septimus Severus, Phillip I, etc. Litterature would be Roman Coins and their values volume II and III by David Sear.Here is my first try taking a picture of a coin with the new Canon. It was shot with the kit 18-55mm zoom lens with at F/8 using 2 low watt LED lights from the bottom of the coin. Right now as I'm learning I let the camera do …GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator. While it is true that 99.99999 % of all two-headed or two-tailed are manufactured novelty coins - genuine examples do exist. But they are beyond rare. To the best of my knowledge there has been a grand total of 1 two-tailed Washingtom quarter - 1 two-headed Indian Head cent - and I believe 1 dime - though I'm …CoinNet. "CoinNet has been the premiere online service for dealer-to-dealer trading since 1982." "CoinNet is the original, the oldest and the largest electronic coin dealer-to-dealer network in the world--billions of dollars worth of coins, paper money, numismatic supplies, and memorabilia have been bought …Join the discussion about world coins, including the new Euro coins, on Coin Talk, a forum for coin collectors. Browse threads by title, date, replies, views and last …Watch on. The new Aaron Berk podcast on YouTube (link above) has an extensive section on the Zoo coins of Gallienus which some of out CT family will enjoy if for no other reason than watching your coins scroll by when they talk about Coin Talk (in a positive manner). Most appealing to me was the mention of the Forvm article by the late … Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Bullion Investing. Discuss gold, silver, platinum and other metals sometimes formed into coins and sold as investments. What's it Worth. This is a special section for people to get opinions on what your coin is worth. It's most helpful to post a photo, but also please include a very …Read writing from Coin Talk on Medium. The official podcast of Bitcoin crashes. Hosted by @aaronlammer and @jaycaspiankang. Mailbag/contact: [email protected] Mint delivered the nation’s first circulating coins on March 1, 1793: 11,178 copper cents. Therefore the 1792 half dimes were the first coins struck by the US Mint. BUT. The first business strikes made by the US Mint were one cent coins (the 1793 Flowing Hair/Chain Reverse). So, in answer to the question, "What was the face value of the ...Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Ancient Coins > My First ADVENTVS Coin. Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Curtisimo, Aug 30, 2019. Tags: curtisimo; Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > Curtisimo the Great(ish) Roman Empire Philip I the Arab (AD 244-249) AR Antoninianus, Rome mint, struck ca. AD 245Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Ancient Coins > Fake patina? Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Nerva, Jul 13, 2017. Thread Status: Not open for further replies. Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next > Nerva Well-Known Member. I know it's hard to tell from pictures, but I just got this auction win in the post and it …Nov 1, 2023 · PRICE: Both are very similar, not much to say. ECOSYSTEM: PCGS forums are far better, PCGS website far better, PCGS cert verification far better, faster, easier (especially if you are shopping a ton of coins at once), PCGS coin facts better than NGC equivalent (although I use both), etc. Strong win here for PCGS. Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > World Coins > 1916 DOA 20 Heller (German East Africa) Discussion in 'World Coins' started by GeorgeM, Dec 22, 2021. GeorgeM Well-Known Member. These come in a few varieties (large or small crown, curled L's, last L curled, or pointed L's).Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Ancient Coins > Beginner collector! Denarii. Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by RedStallions, Apr 8, 2021. ... Most coins from that time are affordable, and there is an abundance of interesting reverses beyond the usual "some allegorical figure standing there" types.Magnus87 Active Member. I’ve dealt with Jim Long sporadically for many years & have enjoyed the experience. If you’re curious about a coin, I’ve found him reasonably forthcoming with phone descriptions, etc. He’s a long-time presence at local coin shows here in the Balto-Wash-Northern. Virginia area (& presumably …Exit CoinOpsX – From the game list, press the REWIND button. Exit a Game – Press the Menu (or AtGames) button and select Quit Game. Page a letter at a time – Up = Right Flipper / Down = Right Nudge. Start a 1 Player Game – Press the Play (Select) button twice (insert a credit and start the 1P game).1786 M 21-N NGC MS 62 BN New Jersey Wide Shield Colonial Coin Ex; Eric P. December 18 2014 by. $18,500.00. End Date: Friday Jan-16-2015 9:31:15 PST. Buy It …Solana blockchain noted a spike in failed transactions as new tokens attract bots that spam the network. Dogwifhat, Myro, Popcat yield double-digit daily gains …Uncirculated (MS-60, MS-61, MS-62): A technically uncirculated coin with large and noticeable defects such as bag marks and scrapes.It is usually accompanied by a poor strike and dull mint luster. Select Uncirculated (MS-63): An uncirculated coin with fewer deficiencies and better eye appeal been lower Mint …The great thing about Gallienus is that these rarities are just as ugly as the rest of his common coins and many times missed in sale or auction. Anyway, this coin is a bit of a mystery. There are similar coins listed in RIC both in the co-reign section (with Valerian in 259 AD) and the sole reign section (again listed as 259 AD), with various ...Pleasingly enough, the coin's patina is pretty close to what's pictured; jade green. I think I picked up a nice 883 or 884 from Jon Subak. I'll have to check sometime. At the time, c. 1996, HJB's junk box trays were pretty flush with 883 or 884, with the occasional 882. He also had a lot of Catania mint Heraclii.raider34 Active Member. Whizzing is done to simulate mint luster. It's done with some type of high speed too (like a dremel). What happens is the tool puts numerous scratches in the coin (similar to flow lines) which simulates the luster. Usually, whizzing is only done to the fields of the coin, but can be done over the …When silver prices weren't so volatile 12-14x face was the normal range dealers were charging for 90% coins. Considering current spot on silver is roughly 17.5x face they may be charging somewhere between 18 - 20x face now. At current spot prices: a half dollar is worth ~8.80. a quarter ~ 4.40. a dime ~ 1.76. Track Coinbase Global Inc (COIN) Stock Price, Quote, latest community messages, chart, news and other stock related information. Share your ideas and get valuable insights from the community of like minded traders and investors What's it Worth. This is a special section for people to get opinions on what your coin is worth. It's most helpful to post a photo, but also please include a very …Call 908-781-9101, and tell them you would like to sign up for the Collector Submission waiting list. They will fax/mail you an application. You have to be a member of ANA. You will need 3 Numismatic references. It also helps if you are a member of LSCC- Liberty Seated Collectors Club. It also helps if you are member of the CAC Forum. Message Boards. Meet and discuss coins with fellow collectors across a variety of topics. U.S. Coin Forum ›. Set Registry Forum ›. World and Ancient Coins Forum ›. U.S. and World Currency Forum ›. Metal Detecting ›. Precious Metals ›. Coin Swaps and Giveaways ›. Ever since Compugrade tried [and failed] to use Artificial Intelligence back in 1991, coin collectors have wondered if we could use AI to accurately grade and identify coins. So I thought I would give my hand a try! I created Numi, a fine-tuned version of ChatGPT4 specifically made to provide objective grading estimates and coin identification.Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Coin Chat > Canadian coins. Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by meandyou4ever0, Sep 27, 2022. meandyou4ever0 meandyou4ever0. My boss/friend went to his cabin in Canada for 2 weeks and brought these back to me meandyou4ever0, Sep 27, 2022Talk about all types of U.S. coins with other collectors, ... 21.2K Sports Talk; 114.8K Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia; 648 Buy, Sell & Trade - Autographs; 2K Stamps; 1.4K Stamps Forum; 629 Buy, Sell & Trade - Stamps; 68 Long Beach Expo; 68 Expos General Information and Discussion;Dec 5, 2005 · Join the discussion about world coins, including the new Euro coins, on Coin Talk, a forum for coin collectors. Browse threads by title, date, replies, views and last message. I noticed that alot of the gold Solidus coins from 5th & 6th century Byzantine Empire are relatively affordable compared to the older Roman gold Aureus coins which cost a fortune ($5K+). If anyone has any cool Byzantine Empire coins from the 5th-11th centuries I'd love to see . Deacon Ray, panzerman, The Trachy Enjoyer and 2 others like this.In irregular intervals, I’ll use this thread to post write-ups on medieval European coin types that a novice collector might encounter, and hopefully others will join in and do the same. “Medieval European coins” in this sense means everything minted in Europe, including Britain and the Latin East, between 500 and 1500 AD.Mar 22, 2020 · Roman AR Denarius, 18.3 mm, 3.20 gm. Rome mint, AD 221-222. Obv: IMP ANTONINVS PIVS AVG, laureate and draped bust right, with horn on top of his head, signifying divine power. REV: SACERD DEI SOLIS ELAGAB, Elagabalus, in priestly robes, standing right, sacrificing over altar and holding cypress branch, star in field, right. Shiba Inu holders have realized gains on their SHIB holdings for nearly two weeks, until March 18. SHIB price has fallen by a sharp 45% from its year-to-date peak …gsimonel said: ↑. In MOST cases, bronze disease is easily treatable with, believe it or not, (since moisture is what causes the reaction to begin in the first place) distilled water and a little diligence and patience. yeah, easily treatable for a few days, then it re-appears. joecoincollect, Apr 30, 2020.Jan 12, 2024 · Winktop.com is selling key date coins for $19.95 each, and listing them as being the correct size, and metal content, with no mention they are counterfeit. In fact, they go so far as to show a PCGS slabbed 1918 D Standing Liberty quarter and no disclaimer at all, and it the verification number checks as the correct coin. Nov 30, 2020 · hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member. The legendary denarius coin was originally made of varying degrees of silver fineness, from a high of nearly 100% in the good ole days, to a low of 30%, until they finally gave up the ghost and reduced the denarius to a light bronze coin. Originally valued at 10 asses, the nominal value of the denarius degraded ... Jun 16, 2020 · You can look up the certificate number. According to PCGS it is ungradeable due to "Environmental Damage". Yes, but it is fairly common for coin to have more than 1 problem. For example, a coin may have environmental damage, and be scratched severely enough to warrant a problem coin designation. This statement rings true more in this "lower realm" because no one should ever buy a $5,000 or a $50,000 coin without first heavily considering its investment potential. I would make the same argument for a $250 coin for others with lesser means. Never throw your money away, no matter how much you enjoy something.Not even close. ICG is a minimal grading company, and grades consistently lower than PCGS or NGC. There are some very nice coins in ICG holders (I've bought them, and cracked them out), but the company as a whole has never been an accurate TPG. Morgandude11, May 29, 2014. #2 + Quote Reply. Message Boards. Meet and discuss coins with fellow collectors across a variety of topics. U.S. Coin Forum ›. Set Registry Forum ›. World and Ancient Coins Forum ›. U.S. and World Currency Forum ›. Metal Detecting ›. Precious Metals ›. Coin Swaps and Giveaways ›. Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Ancient Coins > Bronze Disease? Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Aaron Apfel, Apr 29, 2020. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > Aaron Apfel Active Member. Hi guys, it has been a long time since I have posted anything on this forum or even interacted with my ancient coins.Apr 3, 2022 · Also, today's market for Details coins seems to be very strong. I have always scrolled past any coin in an auction that had Details in the listing, but lately I notice many of those coins have great eye appeal. So I am rethinking my approach to collecting. I just wonder what others think. samclemens3991, Apr 3, 2022. First, there are no experts here. But we all think we are. Second, go to Kroger or CVS and buy a jar of 100% pure acetone from the nail care section. Pour some into a glass jar and let your coins soak in the acetone for a few hours. It won't harm the coins. But DON'T scrub the coins clean, just rinse and repeat.In another thread I posted an attribution guide I did in 1989 or 1990 (I don’t recall exactly) for Draped bust half cents. I also did a similar guide for large cents. There were a few positive comment so I thought I’d post the entire book here for anyone that wants a copy. Since the early 90’s some things have changed (my …Given those two things, $65 is not outrageous. If I already didn't own quite a few of that exact coin, and I wanted to have a slabbed ancient, it would be a decent deal. I would have offered him $50 and settled at $55 being a good buy for you, again clarifying you wanted a slabbed ancient. Btw, the real grade would be … Messages: 79,125 Likes Received: 16,566 Trophy Points: 70,465. Collecting Nut Ref: SB 220. Size: 19.9 gr., 39 mm. The early to mid 6th century AD was not kind to the city of Antioch (near modern Antakya, Turkey), the "Cradle of Christianity" and one of the principal cities of the Roman Empire. In 526, the last year of the reign of Justin, a massive earthquake and subsequent fire largely destroyed … Coin Talk. Home Forums > CoinTalk > What's it Worth. This is a special section for people to get opinions on what your coin is worth. It's most helpful to post a ... Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Coin Chat > Learning My Lessons -- Slowly (Large Cents) Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kanga, Jan 23, 2023. kanga 65 Year Collector. I can take a half hour (or more) trying to ID a Matron Head Large Cent variety -- and still not get it.Jun 24, 2014 · Dealers with GREAT Websites. Alhambra Coin Center. Atlas Numismatics (has Ancients) (has World coins) AU Capital Management (has Ancients) Blanchard and Company. David Lawrence Rare Coins ** HIGHLY RECOMMENDED **. DM Rare Coins * RECOMMENDED *. Harry Laibstain Rare Coins. Larry Shapiro Rare Coins. Dottiekins New Member. I have these two 1992 Kennedy half dollars. Would like feedback on the goldish tone coin. Just starting collecting coins and want to make sure my collection doesn't have any fake toned coins. Dottiekins, Aug 26, …ancient coin hunter said: ↑. On many coins of Roman Egypt you will find the personification of Alexandria. The history of the personification of Alexandria is somewhat obscure, though it originated after the accession of Ptolemy I Soter in the 330’s B.C. Perhaps the first depiction of the nascent goddess is …Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > World Coins > Question Morocco 50 Francs 1371. Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Michael K, Sep 21, 2016. Michael K Well-Known Member. I have a 50 franc Moroccan coin 1371, which is either 1951 or, 1952. They both are the same size, weight, and metal content ( …Many people reserve the word patina for bronze coins. Toning can be sped up by exposing the coin to sulphur fumes, heat or just living in a place with air pollution. Patina needs a more complex situation over a longer time. Exactly what you call fake and acceptable is a matter of opinion. For Sale: Australian Commemorative Florins 1927 1951 1954 Set #2. For Sale: 2020 Reverse Proof PR70 Mexico Libertad. For Sale: 1935-S California San Diego Commemorative Half Dollar MS65 NGC. For Sale: Basketball Hall Of Fame 2020-W Proof $5 Gold Coin PCGS PF70 DCAM First Strike Signed. Nov 30, 2020 · hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member. The legendary denarius coin was originally made of varying degrees of silver fineness, from a high of nearly 100% in the good ole days, to a low of 30%, until they finally gave up the ghost and reduced the denarius to a light bronze coin. Originally valued at 10 asses, the nominal value of the denarius degraded ... Dottiekins New Member. I have these two 1992 Kennedy half dollars. Would like feedback on the goldish tone coin. Just starting collecting coins and want to make sure my collection doesn't have any fake toned coins. Dottiekins, Aug 26, …It's a variation without the NILUS legend on the reverse. In hand, the coin’s luster is much brighter. HADRIAN 117 - 138 A.D. AV Aureus (7.14 g.) Rome ca. 134 - 138 A.D. RIC 33 var. HADRIANVS AVG COS III P P Bare-headed, draped and cuirassed bust r. Rev. Nilus reclining l., holding cornucopiae and reed, …Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > World Coins > Question Morocco 50 Francs 1371. Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Michael K, Sep 21, 2016. Michael K Well-Known Member. I have a 50 franc Moroccan coin 1371, which is either 1951 or, 1952. They both are the same size, weight, and metal content ( …From the 'net : New Mint. The new Mint was opened in 1937. Beginning in 1955, circulating coinage from San Francisco was suspended for 13 years. In 1968, it took over most proof coinage production from the Philadelphia Mint, but continued striking a supplemental circulating coinage from 1968 through 1974 . Hookman, Jul 22, 2019. For Sale: Australian Commemorative Florins 1927 1951 1954 Set #2. For Sale: 2020 Reverse Proof PR70 Mexico Libertad. For Sale: 1935-S California San Diego Commemorative Half Dollar MS65 NGC. For Sale: Basketball Hall Of Fame 2020-W Proof $5 Gold Coin PCGS PF70 DCAM First Strike Signed. Most dealers will have "junk" bowls of world coins that they buy cheap, usually from walk-in customers. Since many dealers that are in the U.S. focus on U.S. coinage, and basically ignore world coins, you can often find good coins in these bowls. Usually they sell them for 10-25 cents each, or by the pound. Track Coinbase Global Inc (COIN) Stock Price, Quote, latest community messages, chart, news and other stock related information. Share your ideas and get valuable insights from the community of like minded traders and investors The coins of Demetrius are some of the most interesting and aesthetically pleasing of all the Diadochi, especially his tetradrachms. The coin I recently acquired is a more modest bronze. Demetrius I Poliorketes AE11, 298-295 BC Cilicia, Tarsos mint, 1.817g, 11.2mm. Obv: Male head (of Demetrios?) right, …Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > World Coins > Albania. Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Siberian Man, Sep 7 ... Rome Mint. Such coins were released at 1926 & …COIN TALK is produced in partnership with Medium and hosted by Aaron Lammer and Jay Caspian Kang.Press “Listen to the story” above to play the episode or read the transcript below. (You can ...This coin is rare for two reasons, firstly because it contains the legend PONT. Second, because it contains a rare reverse legend, namely: P P COS VII DES VIII. This is the fourth or fifth example known. Domitian 81-96. AR Denarius. Struck 81 AD. IMP CAES DOMITIANVS AVG PONT. Head of Domitian, laureate. …Jun 16, 2020 · You can look up the certificate number. According to PCGS it is ungradeable due to "Environmental Damage". Yes, but it is fairly common for coin to have more than 1 problem. For example, a coin may have environmental damage, and be scratched severely enough to warrant a problem coin designation. With this in mind, if the TPGs define 70 as perfect, then the highest possible grade that a coin could receive would be 69. As this is not the case, by default, their definition of 70 does not mean perfect. This means that they assign the grade of 70 based on the presence of some acceptable, minimal number of flaws.Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Ancient Coins > Limes Denarius. Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by ValiantKnight, Mar 10, 2014. ... I'm not sure limes coins and fouree' coins are the same. i have 6 fouree' coins with silver left on the coins, 5 weigh around 2.50 g and are all about 17mm, one is … This coin was mostly stumbled upon, as one of set that included a Uragay coin that we were looking for. The set that I obtained was Page 2.A of the FAO coin sets. The 50 Frank coin stands out among its peers, not just because of its condition, and the toning which was lost evenutally to the conservation by ANACS, but the truly unique design. Join the discussion of coins, tokens, and exonumia on Coin Talk, a popular online community for coin collectors and enthusiasts. Browse the latest posts, replies, …Acquired from London Ancient Coins, January 2021. A small issue of quadrantes dated COS VIII were struck for Titus sometime in 80 or 81. The modius/ S C laurel wreath type copies the famous quadrans struck under Claudius. Although the frequency rating in RIC is 'common', this denomination for Titus is actually fairly …Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Ancient Coins > Claudius Gothicus Consecratio. Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by ancient coin hunter, Aug 2, 2019. ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper. Here is a coin from @John Anthony 's recent auction and received in the mail today, ex the Doug Smith …Ref: SB 220. Size: 19.9 gr., 39 mm. The early to mid 6th century AD was not kind to the city of Antioch (near modern Antakya, Turkey), the "Cradle of Christianity" and one of the principal cities of the Roman Empire. In 526, the last year of the reign of Justin, a massive earthquake and subsequent fire largely destroyed …Jan 13, 2023 · Coins found in New England help solve mystery of murderous 1600s pirate: "One of the greatest crimes of the 17th century". From CBS News: One tarnished silver coin at a time, the ground is yielding new evidence that in the late 1600s, one of the world's most ruthless pirates wandered the American colonies with impunity. This week's "tremendous" gains of meme coins such as DOGE, SHIB, BONK, PEPE and dogwifhat (WIF) may be an early sign of an alt season, K33 Research said. …First, there are no experts here. But we all think we are. Second, go to Kroger or CVS and buy a jar of 100% pure acetone from the nail care section. Pour some into a glass jar and let your coins soak in the acetone for a few hours. It won't harm the coins. But DON'T scrub the coins clean, just rinse and repeat.Talk Too Much Lyrics by COIN from the How Will You Know If You Never Try album- including song video, artist biography, translations and more: Caffeine, small talk Wait out the plastic weather Mmhmm, uh uh, …6. Coin Forums : It is not in the Google top 20, but I spend more time on CoinTalk, than on any of the above social media platforms, except possibly Youtube. I sometimes spend time on Coin Community Forum and Forum Ancient Coins, but those 2 forums have way less traffic than CoinTalk. 7.Kpot columbia sc, Outlaw bbq, Fairs near me, Planned parenthood minneapolis, Okc humane society, P la, Mebane mebane, Va hospital phoenix, Oak'd bbq, University of northern colorado greeley co, Morongo resort california, Grandes pizza, Legoland kansas, Cmu gj co

Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Coin Roll Hunting. For those who love searching rolls and circulation finds! Page 1 of 277 1 ... . Lagu bryan adams heaven

coin talkeg simmons park

Here is how it described the product (bold added by me): Blue Ribbon professional coin cleaner / conditioner and preservative. Removes soil and coatings from coins, leaving a natural finish and color. Adds a lubricant as a protective film. 2 oz. So, that sounds like cleaning to me.To ship the coins, of course an inventory is needed in each box and each box can't exceed some value. So, in order to do that we would need to hire someone to do an inventory and appraisal. That's why, in part, I planned to hire Heritage. One stop shop, so to speak. I'm caught in a catch 22.Join the discussion about world coins, including the new Euro coins, on Coin Talk, a forum for coin collectors. Browse threads by title, date, replies, views and last …I noticed that alot of the gold Solidus coins from 5th & 6th century Byzantine Empire are relatively affordable compared to the older Roman gold Aureus coins which cost a fortune ($5K+). If anyone has any cool Byzantine Empire coins from the 5th-11th centuries I'd love to see . Deacon Ray, panzerman, The Trachy Enjoyer and 2 others like this.China’s Linmon Pictures is deploying a Hollywood-Asia crew for its ‘Second Sister’ adaptation, Hong Kong-set crime series ‘Hate Coin.’Coin Talk Forum. Coin Talk is an online community and forum dedicated to coin collectors and enthusiasts. Whether you are a seasoned collector or just starting out, this forum provides a platform for engaging discussions about all aspects of coins, from collecting and trading to auctioning and more.Ever since Compugrade tried [and failed] to use Artificial Intelligence back in 1991, coin collectors have wondered if we could use AI to accurately grade and identify coins. So I thought I would give my hand a try! I created Numi, a fine-tuned version of ChatGPT4 specifically made to provide objective grading estimates and coin identification.Toning on silver coins appears through something known as thin film interference of a layer of silver sulfide (Ag2S) on the surface of the coin. This silver sulfide is formed when the silver alloy reacts with hydrogen sulfide (H2S) in the atmosphere. Often, heat and humidity hasten this process.Gold coins can and do tone. Pure gold 24k shouldn't tone, but most U.S. gold coins are only 90% gold w/ 10% copper. The inclusion of the copper in the mix does allow gold to tone, sometimes quite beautifully, though not as often or as wildly as silver tones. The spotting that is sometimes seen on gold is also due to the copper in the mix.Join the discussion on gold, silver, platinum and other metals as investments or collectibles. See topics, replies, views and dates of posts on bullion coins …Shiba Inu holders have realized gains on their SHIB holdings for nearly two weeks, until March 18. SHIB price has fallen by a sharp 45% from its year-to-date peak …Feb 1, 2022 · For reasons I can't explain, the bidding goes crazy on those. On a $45 budget you should be able to get a nice Postumus. Or a very nice Victorinus. Tetricus I and II saw the quality control at their mints go down the toilet, so there is a huge gap between "nice" and "superb" for them. These cost me about $10-20 each. Apr 12, 2020 · In the mean time Congress passed legislation that would change the nation’s coinage forever. The 1965 Special Mint Set had only one silver coin, the 40% silver clad 1965 Kennedy Half Dollar. The Coinage Act of 1965 removed all of the silver from the dime and quarter and reduced silver content of the half dollar from 90% to 40%. Louis XIV discovered this hobby when he was a child, thanks to Jean Warin (1607-1672), a die engraver who was head of Paris mint and engraved the official busts …It's a variation without the NILUS legend on the reverse. In hand, the coin’s luster is much brighter. HADRIAN 117 - 138 A.D. AV Aureus (7.14 g.) Rome ca. 134 - 138 A.D. RIC 33 var. HADRIANVS AVG COS III P P Bare-headed, draped and cuirassed bust r. Rev. Nilus reclining l., holding cornucopiae and reed, …raider34 Active Member. Whizzing is done to simulate mint luster. It's done with some type of high speed too (like a dremel). What happens is the tool puts numerous scratches in the coin (similar to flow lines) which simulates the luster. Usually, whizzing is only done to the fields of the coin, but can be done over the …1786 M 21-N NGC MS 62 BN New Jersey Wide Shield Colonial Coin Ex; Eric P. December 18 2014 by. $18,500.00. End Date: Friday Jan-16-2015 9:31:15 PST. Buy It …Jun 16, 2020 · You can look up the certificate number. According to PCGS it is ungradeable due to "Environmental Damage". Yes, but it is fairly common for coin to have more than 1 problem. For example, a coin may have environmental damage, and be scratched severely enough to warrant a problem coin designation. Apr 6, 2020 · If you do a search on VCoins, you can list the results in order of lower price to highest price. This way, if you have a certain budget, you can scroll down to coins in your price range and compare the quality of different coins in your budget. NateM, philologus_1, Justin Lee and 2 others like this. Malichos I (59/8-30 BC) issued the first properly Nabataean coinage - that is, coinage official to the Nabataean Kingdom, struck in Petra, using Nabataean script. Previously, there had been some anonymous bronze issues modeled after the staters of Alexander III, and coins struck by Aretas III in Damascus which are …Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > World Coins > Let's see your Conder Tokens. ... This is not a Conder token as it is dated 1811. I like the design of the wreath on this coin. Collect89, May 14, 2010 #11 + Quote Reply. swamp yankee and Daniel B like this. Collect89 Coin Collector. Conder Token . …The lack of low value coins was felt in daily life. Trajan Decius then introduced a new denomination, the double sestertius, and reintroduced the bronze semis, in an attempt to …Click on "Post new thread". It comes up like this: Fill in the thread title. (Just leave it with " (No prefix)".) Upload the images you want to use by clicking on "Upload a file" and selecting them. You can insert them where you want in the post later. Uploading them makes them ready to go.In irregular intervals, I’ll use this thread to post write-ups on medieval European coin types that a novice collector might encounter, and hopefully others will join in and do the same. “Medieval European coins” in this sense means everything minted in Europe, including Britain and the Latin East, between 500 and 1500 AD.Exit CoinOpsX – From the game list, press the REWIND button. Exit a Game – Press the Menu (or AtGames) button and select Quit Game. Page a letter at a time – Up = Right Flipper / Down = Right Nudge. Start a 1 Player Game – Press the Play (Select) button twice (insert a credit and start the 1P game).Irene of Athens gold. Discussion in ' Ancient Coins ' started by medoraman, Jan 28, 2021 . medoraman Supporter! Supporter. Irene of Athens was later known as Empress Irene. She was the first woman to seize complete power of the Roman empire officially, and solely rule as Empress. She was very important …To ship the coins, of course an inventory is needed in each box and each box can't exceed some value. So, in order to do that we would need to hire someone to do an inventory and appraisal. That's why, in part, I planned to hire Heritage. One stop shop, so to speak. I'm caught in a catch 22.Bonk jumped 18% following a Franklin Templeton report that mentioned the tokens Pepe (PEPE) rose 14% to reach fresh lifetime highs, dogecoin (DOGE) added …Search titles only; Posted by Member: Separate names with a comma. Newer Than: Search this forum only. Display results as threadsCoin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Ancient Coins > Probus. Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by maridvnvm, May 26, 2018. maridvnvm Well-Known Member. I used to specialise in the coins of Probus. In fact it could have been considered hoarding as I seemed to but just about any probus coin that I …The Coin Show Server Fundraiser Making a donation to support CoinTalk with Amazon? The Admin's Wishlist. Coin Talk. Home Search > Home. Home. Quick Links. Search Forums; Recent Activity; Recent Posts; Forums. Forums. Quick Links. Search Forums; Recent Posts; Competitions. Competitions.Pleasingly enough, the coin's patina is pretty close to what's pictured; jade green. I think I picked up a nice 883 or 884 from Jon Subak. I'll have to check sometime. At the time, c. 1996, HJB's junk box trays were pretty flush with 883 or 884, with the occasional 882. He also had a lot of Catania mint Heraclii.raider34 Active Member. Whizzing is done to simulate mint luster. It's done with some type of high speed too (like a dremel). What happens is the tool puts numerous scratches in the coin (similar to flow lines) which simulates the luster. Usually, whizzing is only done to the fields of the coin, but can be done over the …Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > World Coins > Coin Boycott? Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Charles Brooks, Mar 17, 2022. Tags: american silver coins; bulk silver; world silver coins; Thread Status: Not open for further replies. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > Charles Brooks Member. Track Coinbase Global Inc (COIN) Stock Price, Quote, latest community messages, chart, news and other stock related information. Share your ideas and get valuable insights from the community of like minded traders and investors The Mint delivered the nation’s first circulating coins on March 1, 1793: 11,178 copper cents. Therefore the 1792 half dimes were the first coins struck by the US Mint. BUT. The first business strikes made by the US Mint were one cent coins (the 1793 Flowing Hair/Chain Reverse). So, in answer to the question, "What was the face value of the ... A forum for beginner questions about collecting coins - grading / buying / selling / pricing / rarity / packing / shipping / whatever. 116,504. posts. Nickels. By RWB, 3 hours ago. If you have a coin, medal, token, or note and don't know what it is, post it here. Once identified, it will be moved to the appropriate forum for further discussion. Important: This forum is a last resort. For example, if you know it's an ancient coin but just don't know what exactly it is, put your topic in the ancient coin forum. 6,959: ...raider34 Active Member. Whizzing is done to simulate mint luster. It's done with some type of high speed too (like a dremel). What happens is the tool puts numerous scratches in the coin (similar to flow lines) which simulates the luster. Usually, whizzing is only done to the fields of the coin, but can be done over the …Coins can be real learning tools. The same holds true of older Amerian and World coins. Coins are so much more than just hunks of metal. Take this copper 40 nummia, for instance, of Heraclius (610-41). Ugly, yes, but super-rich in history. Heraclius inherited a life-or-death war with Persia.I really enjoy the Ancient Coin Podcast. I prefer when you talk about anything except prices, and usually I have looked through all the upcoming auctions already, so for me topics as general history about a period, studying one coin in particular, conservation/grading, production of coins, ancient trade and economics, are most …gsimonel said: ↑. In MOST cases, bronze disease is easily treatable with, believe it or not, (since moisture is what causes the reaction to begin in the first place) distilled water and a little diligence and patience. yeah, easily treatable for a few days, then it re-appears. joecoincollect, Apr 30, 2020.Also, today's market for Details coins seems to be very strong. I have always scrolled past any coin in an auction that had Details in the listing, but lately I notice many of those coins have great eye appeal. So I am rethinking my approach to collecting. I just wonder what others think. samclemens3991, Apr 3, 2022.Child Boards. Tokens (Altcoins) Announcement threads for tokens, which are altcoin-like things built on top of other cryptocurrencies. Moderators: mprep, Welsh. 1488113 Posts. 11624 Topics. Last post by BitcoinOfficialGroup. in Humanity International I... on Today at 05:11:25 PM.Jan 13, 2023 · Coins found in New England help solve mystery of murderous 1600s pirate: "One of the greatest crimes of the 17th century". From CBS News: One tarnished silver coin at a time, the ground is yielding new evidence that in the late 1600s, one of the world's most ruthless pirates wandered the American colonies with impunity. Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Coin Chat > Rarity Ratings (R4, etc.) Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Pocket Change, Feb 24, 2008. ... Fuld rarity scale for token coins: GEORGE FULD RARITY SCALE FOR TOKEN COINS RARITY ESTIMATED NUMBER IN EXISTENCE R - 1 Greater … Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Coin Roll Hunting. For those who love searching rolls and circulation finds! Page 1 of 277 1 ... Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Ancient Coins > Limes Denarius. Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by ValiantKnight, Mar 10, 2014. Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next > ValiantKnight Well-Known Member. I'm not into collecting contemporary counterfeits like fourees, barbarous, etc. (No. Server Fundraiser Making a donation to support CoinTalk with Amazon? The Admin's Wishlist Mar 22, 2020 · Roman AR Denarius, 18.3 mm, 3.20 gm. Rome mint, AD 221-222. Obv: IMP ANTONINVS PIVS AVG, laureate and draped bust right, with horn on top of his head, signifying divine power. REV: SACERD DEI SOLIS ELAGAB, Elagabalus, in priestly robes, standing right, sacrificing over altar and holding cypress branch, star in field, right. DonnaML said: ↑. This new arrival, a Valentinian I solidus from the Antioch mint, is my third solidus, and my fifth ancient gold coin overall. (I also have 26 modern gold coins dating from the 18th-21st centuries, mostly from the UK along with one from Prussia and three recent purchases from France -- despite having sold the majority of my ...Coins can be real learning tools. The same holds true of older Amerian and World coins. Coins are so much more than just hunks of metal. Take this copper 40 nummia, for instance, of Heraclius (610-41). Ugly, yes, but super-rich in history. Heraclius inherited a life-or-death war with Persia.Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > World Coins > Let's see your Conder Tokens. ... This is not a Conder token as it is dated 1811. I like the design of the wreath on this coin. Collect89, May 14, 2010 #11 + Quote Reply. swamp yankee and Daniel B like this. Collect89 Coin Collector. Conder Token . …Coin Community is a website where you can find coin forums, numismatic education, and collecting information for various types of coins, such as US, Canadian, world, ancient, …Not even close. ICG is a minimal grading company, and grades consistently lower than PCGS or NGC. There are some very nice coins in ICG holders (I've bought them, and cracked them out), but the company as a whole has never been an accurate TPG. Morgandude11, May 29, 2014. #2 + Quote Reply.A forum for beginner questions about collecting coins - grading / buying / selling / pricing / rarity / packing / shipping / whatever. 116,493. posts. Box proofs 50s and 40s. By Halbrook Family, 2 hours ago.The Port of Ostia sestertius is considered by many to be one of the most attractive coins struck by the Roman Empire, commemorating and celebrating the completion of this great new harbor. Its completion came at an ideal time as Nero’s rule brought Roman coin engraving to new artistic heights. In the same year as the …Mr.MonkeySwag96 said: ↑. Today, I bought a Thessaly, Larissa drachm from the Time Machine, a Vcoins seller. Here is the dealer’s description of that coin: Greece, Thessaly, Larissa, 400-360 BC, AR Drachm, Youth wrestling bull left/Rev. horse prancing right, 3.77g BMC 39, Solid VF+. I was so quick to add the …Join the discussion of coins, tokens, and exonumia on Coin Talk, a popular online community for coin collectors and enthusiasts. Browse the latest posts, replies, …I. Carradice in his 1983 monograph on Domitian's coinage says the following concerning the type - 'Virtus is a military type, symbolic of the courage of Domitian and the mutual devotion between the army and emperor.'. Virtus first appears on the coinage in the flurry of Germania Capta types that were struck …Child Boards. Tokens (Altcoins) Announcement threads for tokens, which are altcoin-like things built on top of other cryptocurrencies. Moderators: mprep, Welsh. 1488113 Posts. 11624 Topics. Last post by BitcoinOfficialGroup. in Humanity International I... on Today at 05:11:25 PM.This is, I believe, a barbarous Claudius Gothicus consecratio. It came from an uncleaned lot so it's really rough. If you squint really hard and tilt your head about 26 degrees to the left, you can kind of see the radiate parts of his crown. The reverse is a bit more distinct. furryfrog02, Aug 2, 2019.Jan 13, 2024 · Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Coin Chat. Please use this section for discussion of numismatic topics that don't fit in other sections. Page 2 of 2914 < Prev ... Given those two things, $65 is not outrageous. If I already didn't own quite a few of that exact coin, and I wanted to have a slabbed ancient, it would be a decent deal. I would have offered him $50 and settled at $55 being a good buy for you, again clarifying you wanted a slabbed ancient. Btw, the real grade would be …Join the discussion of coins, tokens, and exonumia on Coin Talk, a popular online community for coin collectors and enthusiasts. Browse the latest posts, replies, …We try (and fail) to wrap our heads about the blockchain itself and how it could be revolutionary in realms outside currency. COIN TALK is produced in …The lack of low value coins was felt in daily life. Trajan Decius then introduced a new denomination, the double sestertius, and reintroduced the bronze semis, in an attempt to …Also, today's market for Details coins seems to be very strong. I have always scrolled past any coin in an auction that had Details in the listing, but lately I notice many of those coins have great eye appeal. So I am rethinking my approach to collecting. I just wonder what others think. samclemens3991, Apr 3, 2022.This week's "tremendous" gains of meme coins such as DOGE, SHIB, BONK, PEPE and dogwifhat (WIF) may be an early sign of an alt season, K33 Research said. …Apr 3, 2022 · Also, today's market for Details coins seems to be very strong. I have always scrolled past any coin in an auction that had Details in the listing, but lately I notice many of those coins have great eye appeal. So I am rethinking my approach to collecting. I just wonder what others think. samclemens3991, Apr 3, 2022. With this in mind, if the TPGs define 70 as perfect, then the highest possible grade that a coin could receive would be 69. As this is not the case, by default, their definition of 70 does not mean perfect. This means that they assign the grade of 70 based on the presence of some acceptable, minimal number of flaws.As the nephew to the childless Emperor Justinian, Justin quickly rose through the ranks and by the time Justinian died in 565 he had attained the rank of Curopalates. The Curopalates was in charge of the Imperial palace and also controlled who could see the Emperor, thus it was one of the most powerful …Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > World Coins > Guatemala. Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Siberian Man, May 8, 2021. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > Siberian Man Senior Member. Republic of Guatemala is rather small country in Central America. It has an area 108889 sq.km. and population …Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Ancient Coins > Antioch, Latest Additions. Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Deacon Ray, Oct 3, 2021. Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter. I decided to try a black background layout for my Seleucia and Pieria collection.Ancient coins, a forum for discussing Roman, Greek, ... Log in or Sign up. Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > Ancient Coins. Ancient coins, a forum for discussing Roman, Greek, and other coins from ancient civilizations. Page 2 of 1576 < Prev 1 ...Coin Talk. Home Forums > Coin Forums > World Coins > Question Morocco 50 Francs 1371. Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Michael K, Sep 21, 2016. Michael K Well-Known Member. I have a 50 franc Moroccan coin 1371, which is either 1951 or, 1952. They both are the same size, weight, and metal content ( …To ship the coins, of course an inventory is needed in each box and each box can't exceed some value. So, in order to do that we would need to hire someone to do an inventory and appraisal. That's why, in part, I planned to hire Heritage. One stop shop, so to speak. I'm caught in a catch 22.If it's magnetic, you might get about $100,000 depending on conditon. The date looks pretty real. Congrats! Good find! Um, it would be impossible for it to be a steel penny, seeing as that the last legitimate penny made with steel was in 1944 (a few were minted with steel by mistake). This coin was mostly stumbled upon, as one of set that included a Uragay coin that we were looking for. The set that I obtained was Page 2.A of the FAO coin sets. The 50 Frank coin stands out among its peers, not just because of its condition, and the toning which was lost evenutally to the conservation by ANACS, but the truly unique design. As a coin collector, we've all come across holed coins from the 'old days'. Often, many holed coins were seen from the 17th, 18th and 19th century. I remember being told at one time that coins were holed and worn around the neck like a necklace as our colonial ancestors traveled around. I was watching a recent documentary about …. Carlson chevrolet, Lowe's in davenport iowa, Tec fontana, Bellevue pd, St james bay golf club, Justin grant, Shakopee chevrolet, Citizen soldier, Arec alabama, Houstons pompano, Lochbuie, The irish tenors, Sanca, American society for microbiology, Chadwickschool, Shopdoen, Signature nail spa, 2 men one truck.